Another of my favorites from the 3 Mains set, this was the result of an improvised session one evening when I just let the sequencer roll and played whatever was on my mind. It all came out pretty much like this. All in all, I think I only added about 8 bars during the section that precedes the closing, and only to reinforce the harmonic structure of the piece. It was only marginally satisfying for me until the day I wrote the strings.
I remember sitting back afterwards to “absorb” the string performance and listen to the whole thing for the first time, and being blown away that very little changed after that initial session.